Your are welcome to the 2. Bavarian Open for persons with disabilities on 01.10.2011.
2. Bavarian Open Championships for Disabled - Basic Information
Registration: Name + Surname with complete forms
All registration forms need to be sent exclusively to the following address:
Bavarian Karate Federation (BKB)
D – 96482 Ahorn / Germany
For the participants at the Bavarian Open to people with disabilities, we have booked a contingent of rooms at special rates:
Hotel and transfer
ARA – Hotel Comfort
Theodor – Heuss – Str. 30
D 85055 Ingolstadt / Germany
Phone 0049-841-95 55 0
Single room 85,-- € including breakfest
Double room 99,-- € including breakfest ( price for 2 persons per room)
Arriving by train: Ingolstadt main railway station, about 4 miles away hotel, taxi fee about 5,-- €.
Arriving by car: A 9 Nuremberg – Munich, Exit Ingolstadt – North (No. 61), 5 minutes from the hotel.
Arriving by plane: Munich airport 80 km, transfer by shuttle service “Airport Express” about 14,-- € - 17,-- € or
by taxi for about 90,-- € - 110,-- €. (Special conditions book trough the hotel) Nuremberg airport 70 km
Reservation about Walter Sosniok (see application announcement
- Wheelchair persons
- Blind and Visual Impaired
- Intellectual Impaired
a) Tetraplegia, paraplegia,
• paralysis of the cervical spine (C5-C8), whereas arms and hands are also always affected (tetraplegia)
• paralysis of the thoracic spine (TH1-TH12) with different instability of the trunk, but with normal arm functions (paraplegia)
• paralysis in the lumbar area with deficits in the legs, but fair trunk control (L1-S2) (paraplegia)
b) Cerebral Palsy (CP)
• C3 Leg paralysis, arms have sufficient, but limited, trunk control is unstable, use of manual wheelchair without any problems
• C4 Minimal limitations in upper limbs, poor or no walking ability, fair trunk control.
• A1 double leg above knee amputation
• A2 single leg above knee amputation
• A3 double leg below knee amputation
• A4 single leg below knee amputation
Blind and Visual Impaired
- B1 Total Blindness: Total absence of perception of the light in both eyes or some perception of the light but with inability to recognize the form of a hand at any distance or direction. Athletes must wear opaque glasses!
- B2 Severe visual impairment: From ability to recognize the shape of a hand up to visual acuity of 2/60 and a visual field of less than 5 degrees (in the best eye with the best practical eye correction).
- B3 Visual Impaired: From visual acuity above 2/60 up to 6/60 and/or a visual field of more than 5 degrees and less than 20 degrees (in the best eye with the best practical eye correction).
- Persons with intellectual impairment, Down syndrome, learning disorders, behavioural disorder, etc. having an IQ below 75, are authorized to participate in this group.
- Currently there is only one group despite the broad spectrum of impairments, but there is work in progress to create new and more equitable classification systems. So far, athletes with intellectual impairment were only allowed to participate as demonstration disciplines at the Paralympics.
- At least 50% degree of impairment, copy of disabled ID and medical certificate (including specification for impairment)
- ONLY WKF members are eligible
- The medical certificate is necessary, it must be issued within the 6 last months
- „Terms“ for the Bavarian Open Championships: the Championships will be held provided that at least 2 participants per group are present, BUT in case some groups are diminished, the decision will be taken in favour of the attending athletes (in case of doubt, the competition will be held also with less athletes). In case the number of participants is too low, male and female competitors can be mixed.
- The second Bavarian Open Championships will be an open competition (each country can register four male and four female athletes).
- The medical certificates have to be sent already at the registration. These have to provide clearly the information on the type and degree of impairment (minimum 50%).
- Only complete forms can be considered and processed.
- Please indicate your contact address, telephone number and email address.
- Special regulations: participants with glasses are allowed, the length of the karate-gi (e.g. for wheelchair athletes) is not relevant, some techniques (e.g. kicks) can be just “thought” by wheelchair users, Katas are free and can be repeated as often as wished, “standing positions” are irrelevant.
- ONLY Kata disciplines are allowed. Competitors must be at least 14 years old. Katas can be repeated.
- Support personnel will come with the participant and need to be registered together with the athlete (accreditation for the competition area)
- The organiser does not take liability of any kind.